• Powered by a thermostatic bi-metal coil, the indicator wheel requires no wiring, electronics, batteries or chemicals to change from silver to blue signaling freezing temperatures, or the potential for ice. In addition, the star pattern design on the indicator wheel is reflective – at any temperature above 37° F it reflects a silver star, while at temperatures of 32° or below it reflects a blue star.
• This sturdy IceAlert Indicator is made from medical grade polycarbonate which is the same material used to manufacture bullet-proof glass, so you don’t have to worry about the indicator’s plastic shell cracking or breaking in below freezing temperatures.
• Unit is liquid welded making it 100% waterproof and effectively preventing any sort of climate from forming on the inside of the plastic shell. This inhibits fogging and guarantees that your indicator wheel will always be perfectly visible.
• Indicator is mounted onto a heavy-duty, 40 mil thick 7” x 10” aluminum sign that resists chemicals, UV rays, water, and abrasions; plus it’s rust-proof! The blue text is screen-printed with UV inhibitors to prevent fading over time.
• The anti-theft plate which affixes the indicator to the aluminum sign backing is made from weatherproof stainless steel, as well as the washer, bolts, and nuts.
• IceAlert Indicators come fully assembled onto a white 12” post-section bracket for easy mounting or installation.