Parking signs in Nevada

Nevada ADA parking sign with minimum fine of $250 text

A fully ADA-compliant Nevada parking sign, current as of 5/6.

Accessible parking spaces

  • To mark accessible parking spaces, you must designate each accessible space with a sign that is green on white, saying “handicapped parking”, and “minimum fine $250” with the International Symbol of Access on it in blue and white.
  • The sign should be minimum 12” x 18”.
  • If the space is van-accessible, “van accessible” should also be included on the sign.
  • If the space is designated for side-loading wheelchair lifts, “side-loading wheelchair lift vehicles only.”
  • The sign should be posted at least four feet off the ground.

See our examples of fully compliant Nevada disabled parking signs.

Towing laws

Nevada tow away sign with custom text and up to date statute

Custom Nevada tow away sign with up to date statute as of 5/6.

I’m a property owner. What signage do I have to post to warn drivers that their cars might be towed?

  • To tow, you must have a sign at every vehicle entrance to your facility.
  • This sign must have:
    • Language saying, “Unauthorized vehicles will be impounded”.
    • The towing company name, address and phone number, and the number for local police.
    • Limitations on who can park there. (For example, “Parking for customers of Nomi’s Dance Studio only.”)

My car was towed. What do I do?

  • You should call local law enforcement. Laws vary between cities, so local police will be able to assist you with specific guidance.

See our selection of compliant Nevada towing signs.

Fire lane signage

  • The standard fire code requires you to post a 12” x 18” sign with 3” letters above fire lanes. In general, it’s the local authorities who set fire lane distances in the building code. You should be safe by posting signs every 25 feet, but make sure you check local fire and building codes, because they vary from city to city.

See our selection of compliant Nevada fire lane signs.

SmartSign is not in the business of providing legal advice. Make sure to check with a lawyer or your local authorities if you have any questions. Sometimes, local laws are different from what the state requires.